Using the German Wikipedia application, you can search offline abstracts of German Wikipedia with your Smartpen using normal handwriting.
With your Wikipedia App you can jump into other articles by following hyperlinks.
With hotlinks you can quickly and easily access your articles by just tapping on your written words.
start “Wikipedia DE” by using nav+
1. Nav+ down -> Application -> Nav+ down to “Wikipedia DE” -> Nav+ right 2. Write a German Word by using your handwriting on dot paper. e.g. “Bier”
3. Chose your article from the search list. In our case we want the article about “Bier”, tap on Nav+ right to enter the article.
4. chose nav+ down or up to read the article
5. on right side a “>” indicates that the current line contains hyperlinks to follow. Tap nav+ right to choose a hyperlink from the list using Nav+ up or down. We chose “Stärke”
6. Tap Nav+ right to jump in to the article “Stärke”
The current application contains the 100.000 most visited Wikipedia abstracts.
Known Issues: Firmware lower than 2.6 are showing unkown characters “?”, please update your Smartpen to FW 2.6.1 or later
database update from: 12/11/2010
- Application Requirements:
- Pen firmware version: 2.4 or higher
- 2.6.1 is recommended, works on Pulse Smartpen and Echo Smartpen
- Livescribe dot paper
- 40 MB minimum free space
It works very well but I would change some features in newer versions. For example: One need to wait until the whole sentence/part of a article have been shown until the end before one can scroll it down or change to another article/access links. It is very usefull if you ignore the small fails. I've turned off the pen many times while I was reading a article to search another one because I could not stop it until it got to the end. I would in newer versions able the "scroll to the left" command to exit from a article or stop it at any point.