The Livescribe smartpen captures everything you hear, write and draw - so you can be confident that you’ll never miss a word.
The smartpen captures words, audio, scribbles, symbols and diagrams – and syncs everything you write to what is said.
Just tap anywhere on your notes to play back what was said at that exact moment in time - as many times as you need to hear it.
Transfer all your notes and recordings to a Mac or PC to search for key phrases and create custom virtual notebooks to better organize your notes.
Take your notes with you wherever you go by accessing them from your iOS or Android device(1).
Slow down, speed up, and control volume with your Livescribe paper(2) playback controls.
(1) Mobile device access requires the free Livescribe+ app. (2) Some notebooks do not have playback speed controls but come with bookmarks that contain these controls. You can also print one here.
The Livescribe smartpen allows educators to dramatically increase instructional time beyond the classroom to drive student-centric learning and achievement.
Capture and archive an interactive version of your daily written and verbal instruction- so students (and parents) can hear, see and relive lessons exactly as they were delivered.
A digital version of your notes and audio, called a pencast, is both aurally and visually interactive, which accommodates various learning styles.
Students may revisit instruction as many times as needed to build comprehension.
Share pencasts with your students, parents, and learning community by sending them interactive Livescribe PDFs.
Livescribe smartpens provide a unique solution for student assessment because they capture a student’s written and verbal work.
By tapping on a student's notes, teachers can hear the student's verbal explanations and access the student's thinking for just-in-time intervention.
Teachers can easily identify misconceptions and monitor student progress by capturing written and verbal
Teachers can easily collect student work samples to monitor individual progress and even build Electronic Student Portfolios.
Students can share their smartpen-authored work online or access work via mobile devices, which supports peer collaboration in dynamic learning environments.
Livescribe smartpens level the academic playing field for all students including English language learners and students with learning differences.
• Smartpens reduce anxiety associated with taking good class notes, homework review and test preparation. Students know smartpens capture everything they heard and wrote so they'll never miss a word.
• Students can play back class instruction as many times as needed to build comprehension and retention.
• Pencasts are both aurally and visually interactive allowing students to learn material in the way that works best for them.
• Smartpens replace companion note-takers, allowing students to build independence and academic confidence.
• Smartpens are a discrete accommodation that can easily transition from an academic setting to the workforce.
• Smartpens are simple to use: it’s as easy as putting pen to paper.