It’s the most wonderfully hectic time of the year, is it not? With the holidays upon us, there’s lots-to-dos including traveling, finding the right gifts, and inevitably, returning a well-intentioned but way off-base gift or two. This time of year can bring on more stress than necessary. To help you manage it so you can enjoy your time off, here are some tools to help you sail through the holidays in complete control.
1) Evernote – this app, which works with Livescribe smartpens, allows you jot down all of your ideas, tasks, and even save images all in one place. Create and organize all your to-do lists and sync them across multiple devices so you’re never without any important reminders.
2) Livescribe – Make your list and check it twice – Our smartpens allow you to easily bridge the gap between analog and digital while you’re on the go. Write out your plans or even start on a novel in your notebook and sync it up to your iPad or iPhone. Even better, you can search your handwritten notes so you can find that book title you scrawled down at a holiday party.
3) MiFlight – over 44 million Americans are expected to travel over Thanksgiving weekend alone, 41 million by car and an estimated 3.5 million by plane. MiFlight helps travelers make sense of how long the lines at security checkpoint are currently….which is crucial so you don’t miss your flight.
4) Hipmunk – speaking of flights, if you want to get the best deals during the season, Hipmunk’s pricegraph is designed to find optimal prices for any destination over the next 90 days – granted to your schedule is a bit flexible.
5) Honk – for most people who choose to drive somewhere to meet relatives, this app will come in handy if any roadside disaster occurs. They offer guaranteed speedy service and unlike AAA, there are no hidden fees.
6) Skype – if you don’t feel like battling crowds during the busiest travel season of the year, Skype is perfect for video calls. Watch your loved ones open their gifts or see how they’re doing…from the comfort of your own home.
7) Slickdeals – Livescribe has a few holiday specials coming up that you can’t miss. For everyone else that may not have a smartpen on their wish list, this service combs the web for notifications on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and sales on anything else that can save you up to 90% off goods from retailers including Best Buy, Macy’s and Amazon.
8) How to Cook Everything – this app is great for two reasons: 1) you don’t need a working wi-fi connection to use it and 2) it contains thousands of recipes for all different skill levels, including holiday specials, with intuitive instructions. Now you can get creative, even if you normally don’t cook.
9) Returnguru – What’s worse than giving or receiving a gift that no one wants? Not being able to return it. This free app keeps track of your purchases and reminds you when you have to take back an item, all by simply taking a photo of your receipt.
The holidays can be a stressful time, but hopefully these tools will help keep you on track – because if there’s anything you don’t need, it’s one more excuse to argue with your family.